Nitrogen tank rental – Nitrogen (UN1977)
- Colourless and odourless gas.
- Asphyxiant in high concentrations.
- Gas density is slightly lighter than air
Nitrogen is produced in large quantities at air separation plants which liquefy and subsequently distil air into nitrogen, oxygen and argon. If very high purity nitrogen is required the nitrogen produced may need to go through a secondary purification process. The lower range of nitrogen purities can also be produced with membrane techniques and medium to high purities with pressure swing absorption (PSA) techniques.
Cryogenic Nitrogen tanks
We can provide 20 ft and 40 ft cryogenic ISO tank nitrogen containers, which are deployed extensively in the transport of nitrogen of all grades.
We can undertake large-scale purging and cool-down operations involving many tanks.
Applications of Nitrogen
- It is used in large quantities in the chemical industry for blanketing, purging and pressure transfer of flammable chemicals.
- High-purity nitrogen is used in large quantities by the semiconductor industry as a purge or carrier gas as well as for blanketing equipment such as furnaces when not in production.
- Nitrogen is used as a purge gas. Nitrogen is commonly used as a carrier gas in gas chromatography.
- Nitrogen is used as zero gas for analytical instruments.
- It’s commonly used as a balance gas in mixtures.
- The electronic industry uses Nitrogen for inserting epitaxial reactors.
- Nitrogen is used in mixtures with carbon dioxide for modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) of foodstuffs.
- It is used extensively, either pure or, more commonly, in a mixture with a reducing gas such as hydrogen or natural gas, to provide an oxygen-free atmosphere during heat treatment of various metals.
- Nitrogen is used in the Haber-Bosch process for the production of ammonia.
- It’s used as a fire-extinguishing gas in mines.
- Nitrogen is used to fill tires to reduce wear and limit the risks of blow-outs.
- Liquid nitrogen is used in cold traps to improve the efficiency of vacuum pumps by condensing or solidifying residual gases in the vacuum.
- It may be used for shrink-fitting of close-tolerance components.
- Liquid nitrogen is used to freeze a wide variety of delicate food, such as hamburgers, strawberries, shrimp etc.
- Cryogenic grinding of plastics, rubbers and some other chemical products uses liquid nitrogen
- Liquid nitrogen is used in the nuclear industry for scientific research.
- And used to store biological materials like tissue, cells etc.
- Liquid nitrogen is also used for cryosurgery.
- Liquid nitrogen is used in the area of superconductivity.
- Nitrogen is used in liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry.
Nitrogen tank rental
Bofort offers rental, lease and hire of cryogenic ISO tank container equipment to:
- Specialised gas transportation companies
- Cryogenic gas manufacturers
- On and offshore nitrogen service companies
- And other end-users.
We build to specification, offering as much flexibility as possible. All of our equipment is suitable to carry and store liquid nitrogen (LIN), liquid oxygen (LOX) and liquid argon (LAR).
Whilst recognizing the need for dedicated equipment for specific trades and products, most of our equipment is also suitable to carry and store carbon dioxide (CO²), nitrous oxide (N²O), ethylene, ethane and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
Advantages of Bofort:
- Safety: Our tanks are built to the highest international safety standards and comply with all international regulations. They are the safest means to transport specific quantities of cryogenic gases in bulk.
- Intermodal: Our tanks are suitable to be carried using all modes of transportation: truck, train, barge or ship.
- Ecological: Given their suitability for intermodal transportation, the distribution of gases in bulk over medium and long distances can be done by more environmentally-friendly means, such as rail, barge and short-sea.
- Intermediate storage: With holding times of up to 100 days (depending on the type of gas and climate conditions), tank containers offer flexibility to transport and store gases in the supply chain as ‘moving pipelines.’ Mobile buffer tanks for large industrial cleaning and maintenance jobs, pipe purging, etc.
- Economic: As a result of the above features, cryogenic tank containers often result in the optimisation of the supply chain and monetary savings.
Short-term Nitrogen tank rental services
We keep a stock of liquid nitrogen ISO tanks at designated depots to cover short-term needs in the market, including cryogenic ISO tank container rental transporting liquid nitrogen, temporary nitrogen storage and mobile nitrogen storage. Rental periods: 1 week to 6 months.
Nitrogen ISO tank operating leasing
We offer Nitrogen ISO tank rental services over medium and long-term operating lease structures for clients looking for operational and financial flexibility.
Nitrogen tank finance lease structures
Nitrogen iso tank lease services and cryogenic ISO tank containers are also available via finance. Tailor-made finance lease structures are offered on selected cryogenic tank equipment, with a view to accommodating clients’ specific capital structure needs and requirements.
In addition to its cryogenic tank container rental and leasing services, Bofort advises on and arranges lease structures for specialist cryogenic equipment such as vaporizers and pumps.
Bofort offers its services for the management of your nitrogen ISO tank hire and your tank container fleet. We can act as your agent or representative in the acquisition and disposal of your tank containers.
If you need liquid nitrogen cryogenic tanks or liquid nitrogen transport containers, contact us to find out more about our liquid nitrogen transport vessels.