Ethane transportation and ISO tank rental – Ethane (UN1961)
- Liquefied, odourless, colourless gas.
- Gas density is slightly heavier than air.
The main commercial source of ethane is natural gas. Ethane is isolated either by absorption or by partial condensation, followed by distillation. Relatively small volumes of ethane are also gained as a by-product in oil refining processes.
- The main industrial use for ethane is the production of ethane by steam-cracking. It is commonly used as a raw material for the manufacture of halogenated ethane.
- Ethane is used in the chemical industry for the production of ethanol, epoxyethane, glycol, acetaldehyde, ethenylacetate, ethyl chloride, dichloroethane, styrene polyethene, thermopolymers and higher alcohols.
- Ethane is used as a refrigerant for extremely low-temperature refrigeration systems.
- It’s also used in metallurgy for heat treatments.
- Ethane is used as a calibration gas for combustion research.
- And used as a component in calibration gases for the automotive, gas, oil and chemical industries.
Ethane ISO Tank Rental
Bofort provides hire, rental and leasing services of cryogenic ISO tank container equipment. Our clients comprise specialized gas transportation companies, cryogenic gas manufacturers, both on and offshore nitrogen service companies and other end-users.
We generally build to specification to offer as much flexibility to our clients as possible. Our equipment is suitable to carry and store liquid nitrogen (LIN), liquid oxygen (LOX) and liquid argon (LAR).
Whilst recognizing the importance of dedicated equipment for specific trades and products, most of our equipment is also appropriate for carrying and storing carbon dioxide (CO²), nitrous oxide (N²O), ethylene, ethane and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
Advantages of Bofort:
- Safety: Our tanks are built to be in line with the highest international safety standards and to comply with all international regulations. They are the safest means to transport specific quantities of cryogenic gases in bulk.
- Intermodal: Our tanks can be carried using all modes of transportation, including; truck, train, barge, and ship.
- Ecological: Because of our tanks’ practicality for intermodal transportation, the distribution of gases in bulk over medium and long distances can be done by more environmentally-friendly means, such as rail, barge and short-sea.
- Intermediate storage: Holding times of up to 100 days (depending on the type of gas and climate conditions) means that our ISO tank containers offer flexibility to transport and store gases in the supply chain as ‘moving pipelines’ and mobile buffer tanks for large industrial cleaning and maintenance jobs, pipe purging, etc.
- Economic: Due to the features listed above, cryogenic tank containers often result in the optimisation of the supply chain and, therefore, monetary savings.
Ethane Tank Rental
Short-term Ethane tank rental services
We keep a stock of Ethane ISO tank containers at designated depots to cater to short-term needs in the market, including Ethane ISO tank hire, Ethane ISO tank lease and Ethane transportation Rental periods: 1 week to 6 months.
Ethane ISO tank operating leasing
We offer UN1961 Ethane ISO tank container rental services via medium and long-term operating lease structures – for clients who want operational and financial flexibility.
Ethane tank finance lease structures
Ethane ISO tank leasing services are available via finance. Our tailor-made finance lease structures cryogenic tank equipment can help to accommodate clients’ specific capital structure, needs and requirements.
In addition to its cryogenic tank container rental and leasing services, Bofort advises on and arranges lease structures for specialist cryogenic equipment such as vaporizers and cryogenic pumps.
Bofort offers its services for the management of your bulk Ethane transportation and tank container fleet. We can act as your agent or representative in the acquisition and disposal of your tank containers.
If you need mobile Ethane storage or temporary Ethane storage contact us to find out more.