ARGON (UN1951) and Argon ISO Tank Rental
- Colourless and odourless gas.
- Non-reactive. Inert.
- Asphyxiant in high concentrations.
- Gas density is heavier than air.
The most common source of argon is an air separation plant. Air contains approx. 0.93% (vol.) argon. A crude argon stream containing up to 5% oxygen is removed from the main air separation column via a secondary (“side-arm”)column. The crude argon is then further purified to produce the various commercial grades required. Argon may also be recovered from the exhaust streams of certain ammonia plants.
Argon is one of the most common carrier gases in gas chromatography. Argon is used as a carrier gas in sputtering, plasma etching and ion implantations, and as a blanket atmosphere in crystal growth. Argon is also the choice gas for ICP spectroscopy (Inductively Coupled Plasma spectroscopy). One of the most common applications of argon, either pure or in various mixtures, is as a shielding gas for arc welding.
Many Geiger-counting tubes contain argon or argon mixed with organic vapours or other gases, for example 10% methane in argon. Argon is one of the principal gases used for filling incandescent (filament) lamps, generally in a mixture with nitrogen, krypton or neon, for phosphorescent tubes in mixtures with neon, helium and mercury vapour and forthyratron radio tubes, in mixtures with neon.
The argon-oxygen decarburising (AOD) process is the most common method of refining stainless steel, and uses large quantities of both gases supplied either in liquid form or via pipeline from an on-site plant.
The pharmaceutical industry uses argon to displace oxygen in the top of intravenous drug containers, extending product shelf-life. Liquid argon is used in cryosurgery, e.g. cryoablation to destroy cancer cells. Argon, R-740, is used in gas mixtures for non-CFC ultra-low temperature refrigeration applications.
- is used in atomic absorption spectrometry as a blanket gas in the graphite furnace.
- is used in blends with, for example, fluorine and heliumin excimer lasers.
- is used as an insulation gas in high-efficiency multipanewindows to improve thermal insulation.
- is used in the iron and steel industry to prevent oxidation of molten metals and alloys and for degassingand desulphurization of molten steel and iron baths.
- is used, often in a mixture with hydrogen, as a protective atmosphere for the heat treatment of certainmetals, particularly those which are susceptible tonitriding when treated in a nitrogen-based atmosphere.This includes stainless steels and many differentspecialised and therefore small-scale applications.
- is used for wine preservation to eliminate air by the heavier argon, to prevent oxidation and extend the product quality for opened bottles and barrels.
- is, sometimes in combination with nitrogen, used to inflate airbags.
- is used, often in combination with nitrogen and/or carbon dioxide, as a clean fire extinguishing gas,since the inert properties do not damage any materials extinguished.
- is used in laboratory as purge gas or balance gas in gasmixture
<h3>Argon iso tank rental</h3>
Bofort offers rental and leasing services of cryogenic ISO tank container equipment to specialized gas transportation companies, cryogenic gas manufacturers, on- and offshore nitrogen service companies, and other end-users.
We build to specifications, offering as much flexibility to our clients as possible. All our equipment is suitable to carry and store liquid nitrogen (LIN), liquid oxygen (LOX) and liquid argon (LAR).
Whilst recognizing the need to have dedicated equipment for specific trades and products, most of our equipment is also suitable to carry and store carbon dioxide (CO²), nitrous oxide (N²O), ethylene , ethane and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
ARGON ISO Tank rental /Cryogenic ISO tank containers :
- Safety: tanks are built to highest international safety standards and imply with all international regulations; they are the safest means to transport specific quantities of cryogenic gases in bulk.
- Intermodal: suitable to be carried using all modes of transportation: truck, train, barge, ship
- Ecological: given their suitability for intermodal transportation, distribution of gases in bulk over medium and long distances can be done by environmentally-friendly means, such as rail, barge and short-sea.
- Intermediate storage: with holding times of up to over 100 days (depending on the type of gas and climate conditions), tank containers offer flexibility to transport and store gases in the supply-chain as ‘moving pipelines’, mobile buffer tanks for large industrial cleaning and maintenance jobs, pipe purging, etc.
- Economic: as a result of the features listed above, cryogenic tank containers often result in optimization of the supply chain and monetary savings.
- ARGON ISO Tank rental/Cryogenic ISO tank container rental- short-term rental: Bofort keeps a stock of tanks at designated depots to cover short-term needs in the market. Rental periods: 1 week to 6 months.
- ARGON ISO Tank rental/ Cryogenic ISO tank container – operating leasing: medium and long-term operating lease structures are offered to those clients looking for operational and financial flexibility.
- ARGON ISO Tank rental/Cryogenic ISO tank container – finance : tailor-made finance lease structures are offered on selected cryogenic tank equipment, with a view to accommodating clients’ specific capital structure needs and requirements.
- Cryogenic handling equipment rental and finance: in conjunction with its cryogenic tank container rental and leasing services Bofort advises in, and arranges lease structures for, specialist cryogenic equipment such as vaporizers and pumps
- Bofort offers its services for the management of your tank container fleet and may act as your agent or representative in the acquisition and disposal of your tank containers.